Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rasberries- Nature's Anti-Oxidant Capsules for Good Health!

What an accomplishment could it be... holding a handfull of rasberries? Oh, I am very proud! Starting with a small twig with three leaves that were contemplating whether to wither or not...my rasberry bush and I have come a longway! We are the resilient ones-with a little encouragement would sprout and fruit bountiful.


Collecting a handfull almost everyday is unbelievable, especially considering the bird population that visit our backyard. Usually, the berries are harvested-I mean pecked on, by the early risers (not sure who) and I find only the hidden ones. This is the first time (in five years) I am enjoying a full harvest and that makes me wonder who is missing in action.
As far as I could tell the doves seemed to have moved away following the arrival and nesting of the Hon. Hawk couple, in our neighborhood. The other regulars missing are the squirrels and the blue jays-I see them rarely now.
I have never minded sharing the berries with my backyard regulars- but, I am happy to enjoy my rasberry smoothies (healthy dose of Anti-oxidants) on a daily basis this year. Whoever the early morning fruit harvesters were, I like to think that they have found a better haven!




No comments: