Sunday, March 23, 2008

Praise Hymn


Praise at The Highest Pitch!

Happy Easter everyone!


We did have a great Easter-despite the fact our kids are little grown up for Easter egg hunt. It is great to have the kids come home for spring break - to just relax, chat, cook and eat together. The weather was so great and sunny; the kids even grilled some salmon out in the porch.


Today as we were going to church, I got a glimpse of my sons-they did look very handsome in their formal suits with tie. Just a few years back, I remember having a big tug-a-war before church because, my older son would not wear anything other than a rip/torn denim with a worn out T’shirt. Being parents we felt helpless and very upset. Today, he had been bugging his younger sister that she should wear dress-not jeans and sweater. She looked cute in her dress, too. Troubles, big and small at all phases of life are learning experience -children and parents do grow together wiser and closer, but with a wider boundary.


The church was packed and as usual we just made it in time. That meant we had to stand throughout the mass. It didn’t matter-I felt very happy to be there with my family thanking God, singing his Glory at high pitch. My son “J” nudged at me signaling “keep it down”, I nudged him back which meant “it is alright to give HIM Thanks and Praise (including singing at high pitch).” I felt like the child I once was who believed that higher your singing-pitch is, higher and faster your prayer gets to God.


Just then the usher stopped by and requested us, as a family, to bring the Gifts and the Holy sacraments to “The Alter”. What an honor-especially, at the Easter morning service when the church is overflowing with so many beautiful and most deserving families? The child in me-my soul, jumped with joy-"See…See, HE heard you, heard you sing at high pitch!" I felt so blessed carrying the gifts and Holy sacraments with my family to “The Alter”-it was as if God was telling me “I did hear you my child!” I guess, HE does want me to sing at my highest pitch and keep nudging back to my son “J.”
-by VeeraMahal FRANKLIN

No comments: